Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 25 June 2007

Best Shot Monday

Summer. All the 'Moms' in the Northern Blogisphere are talking about it. Of course for us it's a memory and to find my 'Best Summer Shot' I had to trawl back though my files. I love this shot because it was early evening and we had just returned from the freezing cold UK to the joys of long days and 30C evenings before school went back. Baby Angel was now a seasoned 'boogie boarder' and poor old sun hat and sunscreen Mum sheltered, with her camera, on the shore under her sun umbrella while youth took a healthy bite of the ocean. The sad thing is that this is the childhood I dreamed about when I was a child. I was never confident in the waves. I hated water on my face, always burned really easily and was frightened of making a fool of myself in front of the other kids. I look on at her now in a cloud of pre-teen nostalgia for the way I wished I had been, even at the time. She's not even bothered by the oncoming wave.........well ok, it's only a little one !!!!!

For more (and mostly higher resolution) fantastic pix check out 'Best Shot Monday' on
Picture This.

4 comments:

tracey clark said...

What a great shot! Thanks for sharing it at Best Shot Monday! We're thrilled to have you.
: ) Tracey @ Picture This

kim said...

That's a fun picture. Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you? Love the sea foam fun.

natalie said...

Great beach picture. Thanks for pulling one from a while ago! Although, we'd be just as thrilled with something that tells us what life is like now! You know...to take our minds off the blistering heat.