Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 30 June 2007

Man in Charge

Saturday morning, a sleep in at last. Drowsily 'coming to' and rolling over luxuriously in the warmth of the quilt to see the crisp blue sky framed through the window. Interesting sound from the depths of the house. Roll over again and snuggle down. Nagging sound, click click click. Drift back off with the knowledge that I don't have to be up for another 30 minutes....another flurry of clicks. What IS that?

Lightning bolt. I am now sitting bolt upright in bed. The bellow comes from the depths of my lungs.

"Please tell me you are not letting that boy run around this house in his FOOTBALL BOOTS!!!!!!!!!!"

Silence. More clicks and hurried footsteps, a door slam, car in the drive.

Cowards.

2 comments:

kim said...

You are such a great word weaver. I was right there with you... sleeping in, relaxed, warm and cozy..... Then, slamed with the realization of the cleats on your floor! Made me chuckle. Ever write a book? You should think about it. You have a way with words, for sure!

Arizaphale said...

Thanks v much Kim! I just tell it like it is!!! :-D
Btw: love your photography!