Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Friday 17 October 2014

On A Happier Note

I recently received this from one of my ex pupils. She had been writing an essay on her Mathematical Journey for her Uni course....

"Through high school my anxieties developed into panic as my school placed an enormous emphasis on high level maths. Late in year nine a maths teacher started to understand that my abilities were limited due to the constant fear of failure and she took it upon herself to help me in any way she could. She began to tutor me every Tuesday after school for a couple of hours, working through the class work again and helping me with my homework. It was this teacher’s kindness, skill and patience that ensured my success with mathematics and I will forever be grateful to her. "

Nawwwwwwww. Well, at least I saved one starfish!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

What a wonderful affirmation for going the extra mile for your students. Yes, saving that one starfish was well worth it (love that poem/story/anecdote). :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to be acknowledged? What good timing for you to receive such an affirmation.. Keep plodding one foot in front of the other and please don't give up.

Arizaphale said...

Thanks ladies! You are so right. Affirmation is so important, and this timing is perfect.