Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 14 February 2010

SOOC Saturday: Stick A Fork In Me

Last week was the Year 10 Camp so this week for SOOC Saturday, I present you with one of our students at the end of his tether (literally).

The High Ropes course challenged the students immensely. It was 36C. There were 20m high poles with staples in the side for climbing. In groups of four the kids had to harness up, learn the techniques of 'belaying' and send one of their fold up the pole. There were a variety of activities up there, at great height; monkey ropes, postman's walk, bosun's chairs, I think that's where this lad had met his match. He was so close to the end too but he called down urgently and breathlessly, "I'm done!"

I love the 'almost silhouette' of this shot but I also love the fact that up close you can see his relieved smile as his friends lower him down.

This is Straight Out Of Camera with no cropping or editing. To see more raw shots, click over to Melody at 'Slurping Life' for SOOC.

The pinnacle of challenges on the High Ropes course was the 'Leap of Faith'. You scale the aforementioned 20m pole, stand on the top and leap for a trapeze 2 metres away! I don't think I could have done it; but my colleague did.....

9 comments:

Sandi @ Life with Jessica said...

Wonderful shot!! He really does look relieved...can't say I blame him, LOL ;-D

natalie said...

Breathless!!!

Lisa said...

I am so afraid of heights.....WOW BRAVE!

Amy Jo said...

Very cool. What a way to end the year!

Have fun in your new boat ;)

Mid Sis said...

I did the leap of faith this year at an Away Day - the feeling when I grabbed the rope was one of relief, pride and exhilaration!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

what a gorgeous breathtaking shot !!!!

arizaphale said...

Middle Sis: Yeah, I wished I could have done it but you know my pelvic floor issues hahahahaha! Still wonder whether I would have forzen.....

arizaphale said...

or frozen even.....

Jill said...

That's a really gorgeous picture!