Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Tuesday, 13 September 2016

On the Rollercoaster Heading Down.....

I leave for the UK on 23rd of September, which is, co-incidentally, the day my school audit is due. What does this mean? It means that instead of a leisurely and enjoyable few weeks spending evenings: planning my wardrobe; packing and repacking my suitcase; and preparing the house, cats and pot plants for my absence; I will be spending long nights in at work catching up on all the paperwork I should hvae been doing whilst I was gallivanting about in the theatre.
There. I've admitted it.
Mind you, my recent 'theatre free time' has not been completely 'clean'. I made some prop knives the other day.

Play: 12 Angry Men
Brief: Make some identical 'distinctive' knives with ornate carved handles, capable of being stabbed into a table top.

So here is where we started.
Three identical plastic handled folding knives.



First job was filling the grooves with putty to give me a flat 'ish' surface to work on.

Next I undercoated them all in two coats of black enamel paint (the kind you use to paint model aircraft).

Finally I transferred a dragon design on to the handles using an internet design and some 'conte'.


Some red paint (2 coats) and some gold highlights.

A couple of coats of varnish....


I think they turned out ok.

Next step is to take the one which is waved in an actor's face and have the very real blade ground off!












7 comments:

Jill Morgenstern said...

So intricate! They come out looking really great though! I hope you get everything done in time so you can have a relaxing trip!

Arizaphale said...

Thanks Jill.Me too!

BrightenedBoy said...

You're on a new adventure every time I check in! Are we going to get to see some U.K. blogging?

Arizaphale said...

Sadly BB all I managed to do whilst o/s...was break my ankle! "For my next trick.....!"

قمة الامتياز said...

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخبر
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالجبيل
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالجبيل

قمة الامتياز said...



شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجاري بالقطيف
شركة تسليك مجاري بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالخبر
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف سقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالخبر
شركة تنظيف شقق بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالخبر
شركة تنظيف فلل بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام

قمة الامتياز said...

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالخبر
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالجبيل
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالقطيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالجبيل