Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Monday 10 December 2012

I Think She Likes It


Remember the flashy Alexander McQueen ball dress that the BA decided she liked? Well my friend Blondie and I came up with our own version!



This was the first draft. I was pretty happy with it considering the pattern we adapted looked like this:


but I didn't like the boxy front pleats so I fiddled. This is the finished result. Not perfect but hey!


I decided against lining the skirt as I figure she will wear it once. Who knows though, it may get a run in a school musical someday. Stranger things have happened! For the big night (tomorrow..eek!) I will make sure she has a long slip.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished effect tomorrow with hair and make-up (and obligatory fake tan). This Grad Ball will be the final, official school function of her young life and I am so grateful that her grandparents, both parents and step parents will be there to share it with her.


4 comments:

Colleen @AMadisonMom said...

As usual... the dress is gorgeous.

Your daughter has amazing taste... and is lucky to have such a talented mother and friend Blondie!!!
:)

BrightenedBoy said...

I feel like every time I check in you're outfitting your daughter for a new dress ha ha.

Arizaphale said...

Thanks Colleen! BB: you're RIGHT!!! But that's the last one now!!

Jill said...

Very nice! And I do like what you did with the final version - I would never have been able to pick out to do that but it made an amazing difference!