Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Sunday 13 May 2007

Welcome

Welcome everyone to my new and hopefully improved blogsite. To access this you do not need to be a member or have your own 'page'. You will not be bothered with passwords. You will be able to see pictures alongside text rather than having to click back and forward between 'tabs'. I am as yet unsure of all the ins and outs offered by the blogger service so hopefully I will develop the site as I go. In the first development of the day I have discovered that the name of the Angel which guarded the east Gate of Eden was not Arizaphale as I have been under the impression it was for 16 years! It was Aziraphale. Stiff biccies. I like my version better!!!
And now, it is Mother's Day and I need to go and find my flaming sword as there are 3 little boys playing X Box in my lounge room!!!!!!!!

Mothering with a flaming sunset........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it like from good omens http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aziraphale

?

i've read lots of terry pratchet but not this one... or where did you hear about it first? Sunday School?

Arizaphale said...

OMG. I just found this comment SSG! Or maybe I read it before and didn't answeer? Oh well, in answer to your questions a) yes, from Good Omens
and b) NO not Sunday School. My athiest best friend gave it to me many years ago at a time in my life when I needed a really good laugh. It remains one of my fave reads. Particularly like the Hound from Hell p 48-9.