Words of Wisdom

Youth is wasted on the young.

Saturday 24 May 2008

Back From the Salt Mines

It's been a long week but I have a couple of things to share. The first is the excited comment from the Bestie's Mum as we talked about 'who knows what' tonight.

To put this comment in context I have to say that Bestie's Mum (aged 79) is a great, if tremulous fan of the internet. She is head over heels in love with Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and has even discovered how to get a Google Alert with any news of Hugh's 'doings' at 2.30pm each day. She downloads pix and news bulletins and has even worked out how to print out collages of Hugh and his family for her Hugh scrapbook!!!!!! In between times she emails me to ask me advice on things like how to get her favourites bar back into the right place.
(Glad we worked that one out G!!!!!)

However tonight as someone spoke of the videos kids may make of an event on their mobile phones, she exclaimed in a shocked voice,

"Oh, watch out! They could put you on You-Bay!!"

We do love her a lot.

8 comments:

The Honourable Husband said...

Considering that she's married to a Sean Connery look-alike, her obsession with Hugh Jackman is just GREEDY.

Anonymous said...

PRICELESS!
Hubby just shared a bit her heard on the radio about an 80+ year old grandma who thinks Kid Rock is just the BEST. She does admit that she could do without the profanity in his songs....but from everything she has read, he is a great dad to his kids! Hilarious. Her grandkids got her tickets to see him in concert and were trying to get the radio station to cough up a back stage pass for her. Wonder if she'll still be infatuated once she's seen his show......
Elisa

Maggie said...

Ha ha ha! You-Bay has made me laugh for at least five minutes! I love it!

Brittany said...

"you-bay" ha ha ha. That is REALLY cute!!

Glad you're back around! I was beginning to wonder ;).

Anonymous said...

She has excellent taste in men. She has to be tons of fun!

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I had a salt mine to go to!

Bummed that we didn't meet up with you and Bestie this weekend. I lost track of all sense of when we were meant do to what. Though, I do hold you partially responsible ;)

Give her our apologies.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there! She is priceless!

Dawn said...

This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I would LOVE to see a pic of this nice lady's Hugh Jackman scrapbook. That is the cutest thing I've ever heard.